Velux wanted to increase both productivity and production capacity in connection with the launch of a new generation of skylights that would improve energy efficiency, provide more daylight, increase comfort and an easier assembly process.
Several machine builders were competiting, but in the end the window manufacturer chose a machine builder from the nearby area. VELUX chose ProInvent to manufacture and supply two production plants to produce advanced skylights locking mechanisms - a semi-automatic plant for VELUX's factory in Gniezno, Poland and a fully automatic plant that is installed and producing at VELUX's factory in Thyregod.
The production plant that assembles, lubricates and rivets 25 components into one advanced locking mechanism for skylights is 28 m long and consists of the following:
- Handling robots: 22 pieces, ProInvent design
- Special production: J. A. Maskinfabrik, Otterup, BSV Maskinfabrik A/S and K.T. Steel Industry A/S
- Feeders: Rimbøl A/S, Detab AB and Stöger GmbH
- Automation: Rockwell Automation
- Palletizing: ABB industrial robot
- Rivet Tools: Customized
- Fat Lubrication: Walther
- Control Components: Allen Bradley Fieldbus: Ethernet TCP / IP
- Pneumatics: Festo
- Transport pallets: Bosch
- Frequency converter- and motor control: Emerson
- Industrial Robot: ABB
- Pick & place robots: Custom designed xyz
- Safety- and noise barriers: Linear module
- I / O extent Safety: 197 Input: 763 Output: 353 Analog: 39 Total: 1352 I / O
- Sensors: Sick
Velux kan med innovativ produktionslinje beholde produktion af låsemekanismer hjemme. Læs artiklen i Jern og Maskinindustrien:
We have the competences to future-proof your production with customer-adapted innovative machine design.